IPS IAS Exam Q A: Missing an exam

What can I do if I can't attend an important exam?

I've just found out I might need to go into hospital during my A-level exam period. What happens if I can't make it to the exam hall? Can I take my exams somewhere else or do I have to wait for a year before I can take them?

Answer

ExamAlthough it does seem like a difficult situation, it's important not to worry. There's often a way of sorting problems like this, particularly when the situation is out of your hands.
As you already know you might need to go into hospital, it would be really good to contact your school or college to let them know it's a possibility. If you let them know sooner rather than later, you'll be able to find out if they have a policy about this sort of situation and there's a better chance of an alternative plan being put into place in case your hospital stay does actually clash with an exam.
If you do choose to talk to someone at your school or college they will probably want to have a more detailed chat with you and your parents, together with either the head of year or head teacher. Having a discussion will hopefully bring a positive result for all parties. There may be scope for rescheduling the exam(s), in case you do miss the date. It might also be worth speaking to your doctor about the fact that your hospital stay might clash with your exams to see if they have any advice.
It's important to remember that all is not lost if the exam cannot be rescheduled. Even if it is not an ideal situation, there will always be opportunities for a resit without affecting your future in the long term.
For further information and guidance about taking A-levels and the rules around illness and exams, you can

eXTReMe Tracker

  © download this templates template 'xxx templates' by free-blogspot-templatess 2008

Back to TOP